Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Great Day!

What an AMAZING morning I had (minus waking up at 5:45am on a Saturday). Today I was volunteering for the Special Olympics at Disney's Wide World of Sports. With iced vanilla coffee in hand I headed down to Disney. I got there before the sun came up and got to meet some of the other great volunteers. Before we were sent to our field I got to snap this photo of the sun rising at the main baseball field.



I got to meet a lot of fantastic special needs people today. They tried their hardest out on the softball field whether it was base-running, batting, or fielding they gave their all.
After leaving Disney I went home to scoop up Keagan and Austin. We headed 20 minutes east to meet up with some of my mother's friends for a "friendly" game of kickball... There was a great turn out of people. There was music, bbq food, and of course kickball.

The Group





No comments:

Post a Comment