Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Favorite Fall Recipe - November Blogathon

Day two of the November Blogathon and here we are talking about our Favorite Fall Recipes. Let me start off by saying I am not a cooker, or a baker, or even a candlestick maker. It's one of my least favorite things to do but this time of the year really stirs something up in a gal.



My go to recipe, not just for fall but for any gathering of people that I'm invited to, is my mom's potato salad. It has turned the biggest nonbeliever into a potato salad fan. Step aside Publix, sit down Wegman's, here comes my potato salad....


INGREDIENTS- Serves 10 people

2 lbs of red potatoes , diced

4-5 hard boiled eggs, chopped

1 cup of mayonnaise (Hellman's is my person fave)

4 kosher dill pickle spears (Again, Mt. Olive is my favorite but it's up to you), diced

Salt and pepper to taste


DIRECTIONS

Place eggs in a pan and cover with cold water. When the water starts to boil, reduce the to low and simmer uncovered for 1 minute . Remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes.

Wash and dice potatoes into 1 inch pieces.

Cover them with water and bring to a boil. When you take a piece of potato out and it crumbles then it is ready.  Drain in a colander.

 In a large bowl start mixing and mashing the potatoes. You'll want to leave some chunks.

Add the pickles and eggs - mix again. Add some pickle juice from the jar

Then salt and pepper to taste

VOILA! There you have it... My mother's delicious, delicious potato salad. Every dinner party you attend this holiday season will thank you for it.

 ****************************

 Now that the weather is actually bearable outside the little man  loves running around and exploring







 Until tomorrow lovelies! 



No comments:

Post a Comment