Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

So Crafty - November Blogathon

There's nothing like the feeling of fresh sheets, a sleeping baby in the next room, and snuggling in to watch some reality TV when you suddenly realize you didn't blog today and your laptop is all the way in the living room - Oy Vey! But here I am... I made it.... #novemberblogathon




There's something that happens when you're a mother. You become obsessed with little tiny fingers and little tiny toes, and you want to take those tiny fingers and toes, paint them, stamp them on paper, and hang them all over the house or send them to, eagerly waiting, grandparents. 

If you've ever tried to paint the foot of a toddler than you're also familiar with how to wrestle a badger without getting paint all over them, yourself, and your kitchen. For the first several months of Dean's life I would make "month appropriate" crafts. I would buy a 6 pack of month appropriate cards from Target for $4 and send them with craft included to family members. 

Please observe the smudged foot prints. He was only 6 months old at the time and I did this while my husband was at work. I decided to stop doing the foot prints solo after this....

Is he the cutest lucky charm you ever did see? This one took A LOT longer than I'd planned. Lots of cutting, tiny pieces, and gluing - during nap time, of course. I purchased the shamrocks at the Dollar Tree for a dollar for a pack of 12.

We made the crab with our Mommy & Me group. The other children were making butterflies but I felt like Dean was more of a crab-man. Even with another mommy helping me we managed to get red paint all over one of Dean's hats which had to be trashed. Strike 2! 

Now that Dean is a little older and more willing to sit still for a mili-second I'm feeling brave. Below are some of the ideas that I've got swirling around in my head for the holiday season. Grandparents beware!! There are more foot prints headed your way... 

Find out home to make this here....

Find out how to make this here.....

I want to start making something that is a little classier that we can put out for the holidays year after year. Possibly make it tradition of reindeer feet on canvas - sounds chic, no? What are some of your favorite crafts? Any tips on how to wrangle a baby honeybadger? 


Until tomorrow my crafty friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment