Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Holiday Traditions - November Blogathon

Three days in a row!! I'm so proud of myself for actually keeping this up. #novemberblogathon



 This third day of the November Blogathon is all about Holiday Traditions. The one Thanksgiving tradition I can say for certain is arroz con gandules (rice and beans). If there isn't arroz con gandules than it isn't really Thanksgiving and Christmas morning hasn't really begun until I've listened to Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers Christmas Album. Oh, yes, it's real, and it's as magical as you could ever imagine - You're Welcome. 

Dean is still young and last year he was 3-4 months old during the holiday season. That didn't leave much for us to do in the traditions department. My mother bought him a set of footie PJs that she's hoping to turn into a tradition.
Last year we took Dean to Santa at the Bass Pro Shop. They will give you a free photo with Santa and let you take pictures with your camera at no charge - You're Welcome, again.  My friend, Allie, and I took Dean to see the giant ginger bread house at the Grand Floridian Hotel down at Disney. I'd really like to keep that tradition going as well.

Once he gets older I'm looking forward to carrying on the tradition of retelling the birth of Christ on Christmas Eve with our hand-made nativity set.  We also have an Elf in the Shelf that's just waiting to make an appearance.

As he gets older I hope that he has magical memories of the holiday season and I hope that the traditions we created with him are passed down to his family... I know that's getting crazy and thinking WAY in the future but, I feel it.





What are some of your favorite family holiday traditions? Maybe there's something out there that we'd like to start this year....

Until tomorrow dearies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment