Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Shake it Like a Belly Dancer

Back in December I started coaching Special Needs cheerleading. I completely fell in love with the Special Needs community after volunteering for Disney's Special Olympics (see that post HERE). Our team name is the Sparklers and we totally dominate the Special Needs cheerleading world. Back in March we drove to Jacksonville, FL to compete against 5 other Special Needs teams in a cheer competition. The Sparklers DOMINATED!! The Sparklers Elite team took home first place and the Sparklers Extreme team took home second.

CONGRATULATIONS COACHES! Job well done!



The Sparklers Extreme and Elite teams.




Now that I've gone off on a tangent, today I will be trying out a new sport that Altamonte Springs Special Needs Recreation has to offer-- Belly Dancing! I didn't get a chance to take any pictures this week. I was too busy trying to get my hips not to lie. (Shakira reference! Score!)... I will try to get some next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment