Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Wedding Crafts


Our wedding is 5 months away and all of the crafting I've put off for a year is starting to rear its ugly head. Unfortunately, my mom wasn't around for entertainment today so I had to do actual crafting.


Several months ago Mom, The Bearded Wonder (TBW), and I went to check out the Hobby Lobby.  If you don't have Hobby Lobby, it's like a Michael's or Joann's on crack... If you don't have a Michael's or a Joann's-- You're Amish-- it's the only explanation. We bought the little fishbowls for $.99 a piece and with a 50% off coupon we practically made money. I'm not having a runner to delineate where the aisle is. So I thought purchasing 20 fishbowls and putting votive in them would be a cute idea to make an "aisle".

After purchasing these little guys I left them in a bag and shoved them in the closet of the back bedroom of our house. I pulled them out a couple weeks ago and HATED them. I immediately ran to Pinterest to see if I could remedy the situation. Here's what I came up with....

Ugly fishbowls, a strip of lace, and white spray paint

 Close up

I wrapped the lace around the fishbowl
(Note the rubber glove... Unless you want white fingers...Invest)

 No judgements on the no make-up and pony-tail.
Check out my sweet "Fight Like a Girl" breast cancer awareness shirt!!

They didn't turn out too shabby!
Royce was being obnoxious helpful...


It was smart of me to get 20 fishbowls because 1 or 2 had to be put in the trash because the lace smudged.


Did you ever purchase something and then hate it when you went back to look at? Have a annoying  helper like Royce?

No comments:

Post a Comment